Dear Friend of Wake Soil and Water Conservation District:
On behalf of the Friends Board, I would like to thank you for your membership in the past. Please consider at this time renewing your expired membership by visiting https://www.friendsofwakesoil.org/membership, so that we can continue our work of supporting the Wake Soil and Water Conservation District’s vital activities.
Renewing your Friends Membership will help the District by:
- Protecting water quality in Wake County including supporting Big Sweep,
- Awarding the Resource Conservation Workshop scholarship to Wake County high school students interested in conservation careers,
- Saving family farms in Wake County by supporting the annual Keeping the Farm Workshop,
- Sponsoring the annual Conservation Awards Banquet, and
- Educating school children on the importance of soil and water conservation through the annual poster contest.
Because the Friends Board remains vibrant, one of our greatest accomplishments of 2021 was to accept a donation of over $5000 from Altar’d State, which was directed straight to needs identified by the District staff for several education and conservation activities.
Membership levels and suggested contribution amounts are as follows:
Friend . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . $ 25
Sustaining Friend . . . . . . . $ 100
All Members receive
- Notification of workshops, banquets, and other events,
- Email links to periodic newsletters and reports from the Wake Soil and Water Conservation District, and
- Satisfaction of knowing that you are contributing toward the conservation of Wake County’s natural resources, helping our farmers maintain their agricultural lands, and promoting environmental education and stewardship.
For more information concerning our work, please visit friendsofwakesoil.org. Please join us in our commitment to support and champion the work of the District.
Secretary, Friends of the District Board of Directors