On December 8, 2011, the Friends of Wake SWCD and the Wake Soil and Water Conservation District presented the 46th Annual Conservation Awards.
- Environmental Stewardship Award: John Ann Shearer
- Dan Wilkinson WRAL Conservation Communication Award: Stephen A Whitfield / NCWoodlands
- Conservation Poster Winners: Top Ten Students
- Community Conservation Partnership Award: Falcon Engineering
- Envirothon Mentor of the Year Award: Dr. John Meyer
- Big Sweep Excellence Award: Wake County Parks and Open Space
- Conservation Farm Family Award: Danny Glenn Perry and Larry Perry
- Lifetime Achievement Award: John Y. Phelps, Jr.
- Friend of the District Award: Dr. B.C. Raynor, DDS
Congratulations and Thank You to all our winners for their work in conservation in Wake County.
If you would like to help sponsor the Annual Conservation Awards please contact us at: email@example.com
To support the work of the Wake Soil and Water Conservation District, please consider joining the Friends by clicking here.